A Picture Says a Thousand Words

A child in my class is greeting George Washington.
Yes, a picture says a thousand words.

This entry was posted in America, Early Education, history, Inspiration, patriotism, wonder, young children and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to A Picture Says a Thousand Words

1. Fabulous image Jennie ❤ May we all hold hands in harmony ❤ and Love. ❤

No words required. Love it!

3. I love this! #1 Grandson was introduced to the musical Hamilton last year and his love for that period of our history has just exploded! He wants so badly to visit Boston, and many other places that became famous during our Revolutionary period. He stumps us and Big Baby Boy with facts all the time. Big Baby Boy has a major in American History too! My brain is trying to work out a way to get a summer trip in. He would love this image and statue.

4. Innocence….is the way of life for children 💫

That’s a touching photo. George would be pleased, but perhaps wondering what was going on in ‘his’ country.

6. What a great photo! History comes alive!!

7. quiall says:

Present can touch the past as it touches the present.

8. bosssybabe says:

Sweet! This reminds me of when I used to work retail.. the amount of kids that would stand next to a mannequin and take their hand ready to leave with them astounded me LOL

So sweet! I can’t tell what George is holding—a hat, I presume?

🙂

Love this, Jennie.

11. Ally Bean says:

What’s not to love with this photo? Past and future all in one frame.

And GW looks thrilled to greet her. I bet he would be.

13. Awww, so lovely and also heart touching! Love it too. Thanks for sharing, Jennie! xx Michael

14. Kally says:

This is an amazing picture! Warms me right up.

15. Peace says:

So beautiful 💜 what children see and do that adults bypass.