My Edward Hopper House

When the sun goes down in the late afternoon,
the light and shadows on the white house across the field
remind me of an Edward Hopper painting.

I love his art.
I love this house along the way.

This coming week at school we begin to prepare for our annual Art Show.
I’m ready!  Thank you Edward Hopper.

This entry was posted in art, Inspiration, Teaching young children, The Arts, wonder and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

52 Responses to My Edward Hopper House

1. I also love this type of houses. Honestly i had to got some information about Edward Hopper first. Previously i had not known him, but he was an great artist. What you in New England and otherwhere in the USA practizising with wooden houses, we in the “Old World” now have to learn again. Thanks for the information, Jennie! Have a beautiful weekend! xx Michael

It is a beautiful scene, Jennie.

I love old farm houses snd barns. On my backroad travels in rural NY, I came across an octagonal shaped barn. Looking forward to your art show.

Yes, I have seen such a barn! The Art Show is always a mystery as to where the art goes, because it’s up to the children to find their interest. That makes it all the more exciting!

4. quiall says:

I am looking forward to your art show!

5. I love Edward Hopper’s work You are so fortunate to have a live example. I’m looking forward to the art show as well.

6. I love Edward Hopper’s work! I look forward to seeing the children’s creations at the art show .

I am a big fan of Hopper too. I featured his work on my blog a while back.

8. Such an idylic scenic view – the source of American painters thematic material, no doubt.
    Have fun with the kiddies at the Art Show!

9. Jim Borden says:

best of luck with the Art Show. I am sure the children’s creativity will be on full display!

10. Elizabeth says:

I always think of a line in Dickinson “a certain slant of light.”

11. Edward Hopper is new to me. I look forward to learning more about him

12. We have much in common. Hopper is in the top 3 of my all-time favorite artists. I was thrilled years back when a traveling exhibit came to a DC museum. My eyes gobbled up his work. I love the lines and shadows and aura he creates. And then, I love Little House on the Prairie books. I grew up in Illinois country. It was a good fit for me as a girl. I could relate to Rose and Laura, et al.

We do have much in common! I have never seen a full Hopper exhibit (one can dream), only some of his works in museums. I can see your fit with Little House on the Prairie. My fit would be Little House in the Big Woods, and my grandmother growing up in a log house. Best to you, Cindy.