Quotations on Gratitude

Outstanding quotations on gratitude from Charles French.

charles french words reading and writing

Marcel_Proust_1895

(https://it.wikipedia.org)

“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”

Marcel Proust

Angelou_at_Clinton_inauguration_(cropped_2)

(https://en.wikipedia.org)

“When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.”

Maya Angelou

president-john-kennedy-403379_960_720

(https://pixabay.com)

“We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.”

John F. Kennedy

View original post

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Quotations on Gratitude

Very appropriate on this day, Jennie. Charles does it again! 🙂

Happy Thanksgiving 💜

3. Ellen says:

That is one of my favorite quotes from John F. Kennedy that I often repeat and have in a frame on my desk. As today is also the 55th year anniversary of his assassination, I will share another of his quotes that is fitting for the holiday. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” My Gram always said that “Thanksgiving should be filled with two things, thanks and giving.” Thank-you Jennie and Charles for this inspiring post. Happy Thanksgiving!

Thank you, Ellen. I’m glad you added Kennedy’s quote. That one is outstanding. And, words that inspire and remind us to live with gratitude can’t be stressed enough. Your Gram knew that well. 🙂

These quotes are perfect!!

5. Opher says:

Yes – thank you Jennie!

6. I am so thankful for having you in my life, Jennie. You have been a constant friend and inspiration to me as a fellow (at least former) teacher. I want to wish you the very best life has to offer for today, tomorrow and always, Anne

7. Thank you, Jennie and Charles, for reminding us that Thanksgiving is not just about Turkey, dressing, and all the fixings that we look forward at t his time of year! Sometimes we focus on all the things we don’t have or would like to change, but the most important thing is to remember the blessings of love, friendship, and the kindness of others, and be thankful and grateful. Karen 🙂

8. A marvelous, and perfectly timed collection of quotes, Jennie. Thanks for sharing them. Have a fabulous Friday. Hugs.

Very timely quotes, Jennie. I especially like the poetry of Marcel Proust’s quote.

10. L. Marie says:

Great quotes, Jennie.
    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Great quotes with double meaning including JFK, Jr since his death was on 11/25. I liked the first one the best! 🌟✳️

12. Pingback: Dressember: Ladies and Gentleman, Please Give This a Glance! – lifexperimentblog

13. dgkaye says: