Guest writer: Jennie Fitzkee – Seeing is Believing

Sue Vincent's Daily Echo

When I was a little girl in second grade, my bed was right beside a big window.  Looking at the stars at night or the clouds and sun in the morning was always a joy.  My fondness for sky watching has never wavered.  One night while looking out the window before going to bed I saw an angel.  She was small and far away, yet crystal clear in her shape and form.  She flew from left to right across the sky, her dress flowing behind her and her arms outstretched.  She wasn’t looking at me, but she was there, crystal clear.

I called for my Mother who immediately rushed up the stairs.

“What is it, Jennie?”

“There!” I said pointing.  “Look at that angel!”

“I don’t see anything.  Where?”

“There!  Right there!” I said pointing.

“Do you mean that little cloud?”

“NO!  She’s flying.  Can’t you see?  She’s so beautiful.”

View original post 591 more words

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Guest writer: Jennie Fitzkee – Seeing is Believing

1. A really lovely post, Jennie.

Great post Jennie!

3. Sue Vincent says:

Thank you for sharing, Jennie…both your story and the post.

I left a comment on Sue’s blog, Jennie.

5. This was lovely. I still believe in angels.

6. dgkaye says:

I left comment over at Sue’s. Jennie. 🙂

Very special, I have had the cardinal for my messenger for years.
    Your angel sounds lovely, Jennie. 😇

Oh my, Robin! The cardinal is quite special. ❤️

• reocochran says:

I was blessed with the cardinal’s presence at the time of my dear grandfather’s passing and Every time I have moved, except for one time. . .

My sister in law teaches (at Baldwin Wallace College) Native American, Irish, Scottish, English, other tribes and clans. We were unwrapping my good dishes on a rainy moving day. I had told her the cardinal sang for me every time I moved since I was 25 years old, I was 44 at the time. She said “not to worry, messengers from beyond come in different ways.” When we came to the last plate, I found a red back feather~ all fluffy and nothing like ones you could buy to make an Indian (Native’s) headdress. We both hugged and I cried. I wrote this out and Guideposts sent me a letter saying many faiths think the closest Earth angel is a bird and frequently it is a cardinal! I just saw a necklace which has this message one may order from the Bradford Exchange. It is very expensive and is called, “Messenger from Heaven.”

OMG! Finding that feather must have been more moving than seeing a cardinal each time you moved. I’m glad you wrote to Guidepost. I have cardinal wind chimes and figurines. I’ll have to look for a necklace!

Thank you so much, Marcia. My computer has been sooo slow to download your photos from western MA. I am anxious to read the post. Sorry I haven’t gotten to it yet.

8. I tried to leave a comment on Sue’s site, but I got an error message. I believe you, Jennie. Unfortunately, religions are no help at all in helping us understand the supernatural. Thanks for sharing your story.