Heart & Love

Valentine’s Day isn’t about flowers and candy.  It’s about love.  For my children at school, a teacher’s love is where it all starts.  You can’t have a heart without love.  Love is infectious, and makes the heart grow.  The bigger the heart grows, in turn it has to spread love to others.  A hug is a wondrous thing for the heart.  It is a pure transmitter of love.  Sometimes hugs come in spontaneous bunches:

Sometimes hugs come in singular moments:

“What is my favorite thing in the whole, wide, world?”  I said those words with gusto.  Maybe passion.  Yes, it was passion.  And the children answered.

Aaryan said, “We are!”

And what did I say in return?  “I love you”, of course.

There are never too many hugs.  There is always room in the heart for love.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.  They must felt with the heart.” -Helen Keller-

This entry was posted in Early Education, Expressing words and feelings, Love, preschool, Teaching young children and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

83 Responses to Heart & Love

So true, Jennie. I know you will have had a happy Valentine’s Day with your cherubs.

2. Liza says:

Enjoyed this so very much ❤️!

100% Jennie!💜

4. K.L. Hale says:

There is nothing like hugs. I think we crave them more and more in this crazy world. Seeing you hugging the kids, and them hugging back, has given my heart hugs. Thank you, Jennie. 💛🤗💕

LOve is all anyone needs. You are so good at sharing your love with the students and the world. Happy Valentines Day!!

6. Thanks for expanding the meaning of love on this day! Well done, Jennie and cheers to the love you share with others.

7. prather742 says:

Happy Valentine’s Day to a loving, life-changing teacher!! 💗💕

Wonderful! Hugging and touching are two of the most satisfying feelings. Great group hug photo. I love your posts, Jennie, and the support you show all of us in your bloggersphere (is there such a word?). Happy Valentine’s Day!

That hugging photo is one of my favorites. A picture is worth a thousand words, right? I’m so glad you love my posts and my support, Steve. That means a lot. Yes, I think bloggersphere is a real word. 🙂

9. willedare says:

Yay for this lovely and loving post!!!

10. Happy Valentine’s Day to you and the Aqua Roomers, Jennie! (And Gloria, too, of course.)

11. Your love for the children sure does come through! Thanks for putting a smile on my heart and face this morning, Jennie! 🥰

12. quiall says:

Love is one of the few things in life that when given away, it is returned stronger.

13. A hug is a wonderful natural cure for all sorts of things.

14. So precious! Thanks for sharing!

15. sandrah says:

So true!

16. Beautiful in every way, Jennie. Hugs on the wing!

17. Feeling the love and sending bunches around the globe… 😍😘😘😘 LOVE is what it’s all about! HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY! 💞

18. Love is all that matter so

You are the best, Jennie. Look at those kid’s faces. They say it all.

20. You are surrounded by love—what a great life.

They, and you look so happy, Jennie. It truly is all you need.

22. cindy knoke says:

So sweet!!! They know how much you love them. How wonderous is that! Happy Valentine’s Day Jennie!

Of all the things that would have been hard for me during Covid, I think avoiding contact with children would have been the hardest. I am a hugger, high-fiver, fist bumper, etc.

The look on your student’s face is confirmation of the power of a hug.

Not hugging a child is nearly impossible. I have to give children what they need, and a hug is a necessity. Risky? I really don’t think so. I dearly love that photo and all the smiles. Thank you, Pete.

24. Such a happy time on Valentine’s day in your classroom. All hugs❤ Here is another from me 🤗

25. Tony Payne says:

Too many children these days grow up learning to hate. Whether it’s watching television, movies or playing computer games, or maybe just watching the news. It’s all about hate rather than love. If only we could turn that around, the world could be a much happier place.

You are so right! Most everything we see on TV and electronics is more about hate than love. Interestingly, it isn’t hard to do something and make a difference- smile, a random act of kindness. The good news is that people remember these small acts. They stick. The news doesn’t stick.

26. Jim Borden says:

must have been a fun day in your classroom… 🙂

27. Divya says:

This is so rightly said Jennie. Valentine is all about love. Its so great to see you surrounded by the bunch of lovelies 🙂

28. Heart 💗 warming 🤗Jennie

29. Jorine Naggayi says:

Wow! I’m in love with the children❤️Jennie that’s so true.

30. Pingback: Heart & Love – Classik

31. Harman Maan says:

Loved the writing and the pictures.Captured the emotions very well. ✌️

32. I could feel that hug. Love is the most important thing in life after air and water. Even more so than food.

33. Kartik Dodia says:

Very true. Valentine’s day is not for only lovers. It’s for who loves you and you love to anyone. It’s for any human, animals, nature anything. Very nice article. I really loved this post. And beautiful and touching photos.👌👌👌🥰🥰🥰🤗🥰🤗🥰

34. Pingback: Heart & Love – Amazing