In the Words of a Child

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.  They must felt with the heart.” -Helen Keller-

img_2155

It happened like this… Children were gathered to hear a story.  I was ready to read-aloud two new books.  I was excited, and the children were, too.  I clutched the books to my chest, hugging them close and smiling a big, wide smile.  I said, “I got a Christmas present and I want to share it with you.”

pause, giving children a chance to understand that the present I am sharing is the books.

“What is my favorite thing in the whole, wide, world?”  I said those words with gusto.  Maybe passion.  Yes, it was passion.  And the children answered.

Aaryan said, “We are!”

Oh, my.  Yes, Aaryan, you are right.  Children are my favorite thing in the whole, wide, world.  The words of a child, indeed!

Thank you to Linda over at El Space–The Blog of L. Marie for the two books.

This entry was posted in Kindness, picture books, reading, Teaching young children and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

56 Responses to In the Words of a Child

Beautiful! 😍

2. Kids not only say the darndest things but the most heartfelt. Words for the heart!

3. Kids do know how to get to you when you least expect it. So kind of Linda to send you the books to share with the children.

4. What an awesome gift, children are beautiful.

5. How lovely! Beautiful quote, too. 🙂

6. J L Hunt says:

Just lovely 🙂

7. Purvi and Saurabh says:

Beautiful! Aaryan and all of the children are super lucky to be surrounded by such amazing love and kindness. Thank you for sharing this moment with us.

8. quillella says:

What a lovely moment to capture! A newcomer to your blog, I’m overwhelmed with the cuteness and emotion you managed to convey- who knew children were capable of such insight? Your love for them really comes across; I can see why you’ve been a teacher for so long.

9. Thanks for sharing! I love this ❤

10. Oh, perfect! He certainly beat you to the punchline. 🙂

Asking this question is such a great way to get excited participation, Jennie! Their enthusiasm keeps you going, reading, sharing and enjoying. . . to many more days such as this. xo

12. How lovely, Jennie. Beautiful photo to go along with it. Your children clearly feel loved 🙂

13. Adam Morris says:

That’s awesome – cheers!

14. Heartwarming! You’re a lovely soul, Jennie. xo

15. Just beautiful Jennie! Kids are a true gift and so are teachers like you. I’m happy to send you my children’s book, I don’t know if they can identify with our Texas football craze but they might :-D. You can pm me your address on Facebook at Lana Dunlap Broussard or if you don’t do Facebook, I can give you my email. Happy reading!

16. Aww Jennie.. this was such a beautiful share.. And it goes to show just how your love is transferred into the hearts of children that they can come to conclusions such as these. Wonderful Share..
    And I love taking my granddaughter to and from school.. She is so happy and loves her school work day.. She is now 6 and its teachers such as yourself who make them shine..

17. God, that is precious, Jennie. You are such a gift to those kids. To know a solid foundation of love and caring. Thank you for sharing and for being you. 😊 Love, Debbie

18. What a beautiful gift you were given. The knowledge that those children answered they were your favorite thing in the world. Precious.

19. A lovely post, and I particularly enjoyed the Helen Keller quote. She’s been one of my heroes since childhood. 🙂