A Few Quotations on Books

Thank you to Charles French for these excellent quotations on books.

charles french words reading and writing

Bust_of_Cicero_(1st-cent._BC)_-_Palazzo_Nuovo_-_Musei_Capitolini_-_Rome_2016

(https://en.wikipedia.org)

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Stephen_King,_Comicon

(https://en.wikipedia.org)

“Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for each dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn’t carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life.”

Stephen King

1200px-Umberto_Eco_04

(https://it.wikipedia.org)

“We live for books.”

Umberto Eco

13419286_107261596365479_1669962131930926510_n

“Books are the food and drink for the human soul.”

Charles F. French

View original post

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to A Few Quotations on Books

1. Jim Borden says:

the magic of books…

Always love a book quote!

3. rakeliren says:

I always bring a book with me. I can read on the bus, waiting room or other places where you need to wait for something.

Charles always find the good ones.
    Julie bought me a hardback book yesterday, an autobiography. It was good to hold that heavy book in my hands, to turn the pages and look at the photos inside. After a long time using a Kindle Reader, it felt right.

5. Hah I DO carry a book around wherever I go!

6. Three cheers for books! Hip, hip, hooray!!

7. Thanks for sharing, Jennie! Will head over to read. Have a beautiful weekend! xx Michael

8. bosssybabe says:

I LOVE BOOKS!! ❤️❤️📚 Totally relate to carrying around a book for those dead spots in life 😭🤣📖📙📘🙏

9. What a treat to have time with someone so important to you. Love the quotes too.

Sandra Pilmoor ________________________________

10. Prior... says:

so much to enjoy here and I really agree with King with this:

“What I wonder is why everybody doesn’t carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life.”

so true