Gloria Goes To Washington – Part 3, the Finale

In Part 2, Gloria saw the White House
and an Egyptian Mummy at the
Smithsonian Museum of Natural History.

Part 3
Hey Aqua Room,

Gloria had a really exciting day yesterday.  First she went to the Spy Museum!  It was pretty exciting because while doing all the Spy Activities, we spotted a friend.  Spot!  The Boston Dynamics robot.  Everyone was very excited.

Oh my goodness!  In my wildest dreams I never thought Tim would run into Spot.  And at the Spy Museum, no less.  You know how much we love the Boston Dynamics robots, especially Spot.  When the children saw this, they were jumping up and down, pointing, and yelling.

After we went to the National Gallery of Art.  Gloria and Tim were both so excited to see a big art show, just like the one at the Groton Post Office.  No Starry Night but there was a very famous painting by Leonardo da Vinci named Ginevra de’ Benci.

Before their trip to Washington, Tim told his parents and teachers that he wanted to see art masterpieces in Washington.  We had studied many famous works of art.

Tim says to enjoy vacation and he can’t wait to see you when everyone gets back!

Tim and Gloria

This entry was posted in art, Diversity, Early Education, Gloria, Inspiration, Teaching young children, The Arts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Gloria Goes To Washington – Part 3, the Finale

1. beth says:

what a grand adventure!

2. Spot couldn’t have been in a better place. Thanks for sharing, Jennie.

3. What good memories Tim will have of this trip when he’s older!

Wonderful! I hope he connects the art museum visit to your art sessions. I’m sure he shall.

I could picture the kids’ excitement when they saw their old friend, Spot. That must have made your day.

6. Yay! I was waiting for this!
    For the starry night they’ll have to go to Paris:)

Thank you! I had a student years ago who accidentally saw Starry Night at MoMA in New York. She was beside herself and her mom sent me a photo.

What a lovely adventure! 💛

8. CarolCooks2 says:

Oh wow…what an exciting adventure for everyone and how lovely that “Spot” was there something that the children back home could connect to…Everyone is going to remember this it’s so lovely that Tim’s parents are on board with this …

9. Tim is such a cutie and didn’t he have a fab time.

How wonderful that Tim could connect with many of the things he saw because of your lessons! So wonderful that the family sent a report and pictures.

11. bosssybabe says:

She is well-travelled! 🙂 How delightful for the children! 💕😊

What a cool place to run into Spot!

The Spy Museum is a very cool place.

Well done to Tim and Gloria. They had a memorable trip! 🙂

14. Elizabeth says:

I am ready to go to the Spy Museum myself. Clearly if Gloria can enjoy it so could I.

15. quiall says:

You are going to have to write a book about Miss Gloria‘s adventures. She’s having quite a few. I’ll bet over the years she could fill a few books…

16. HI Jennie, what a lovely adventure for Tim and Gloria. I’d love to do that visit myself.

17. dgkaye says: