Little Sundrop

733F7791-7FCC-4B5F-83AB-69BEB7577715

Little sundrop, where were you when you family bloomed in June?
They grew, as a big happy family.
They were in full glory on the Fourth of July.

The days of August have put them to rest,
yet here you are like a beautiful new baby.
I will care for you.
Your family must be very proud.
You will all meet under the soil this winter
and bloom again in the spring.

This entry was posted in Expressing words and feelings, Inspiration, Nature, wonder and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

51 Responses to Little Sundrop

A nice ode to a flower, Jennie. 🙂

2. quiall says:

Every now and then it is nice to escape the crowd and be yourself.

3. You wrote a beautiful ode to the Sundrop. I wish I could express those little joyous moments with words as well as you do.

4. beth says:

aw, as you know, we all bloom when the time is right for us –

Very nice, Jennie. 🙂

6. Our desire to nurture goes deep, doesn’t it? Your poem expresses much, Jennie.

I guess it really does. You do it through music and fabric. I do it through children and writing. Frankly, it’s all about the arts. Thank you, Laura.

7. So sweet, Jennie. Flowers in bloom become more and more precious as the autumn weather creeps in on us.

8. Opher says:

Is that a symptom of global warming Jennie??

9. I enjoyed your ode to the late bloomer, always such a delightful surprise.

10. What a sweet poem to a pretty flower that bloomed just to inspire you. Everything has it’s perfect time.

11. magarisa says:

Love the tender tone of this piece. Very well-written, Jennie.

12. This is a gorgeous poem, Jennie.

13. Lovely Jennie, our unseasonal weather this year has produced some unusual bloomings too.. my Christmas flowering shrub has been flowering all summer! hugsx

14. Hello Jennie! That’s a theme for old America. That’s how we grew. Now that we’ve been rooted up, we replanting and watering. Stay cool yourself.🍃🥤🌱🌷🌱🥤🍃

15. Lovely poem, Jennie. A late bloomer. 🙂

16. What a amazing poem, for a really bright little flower. Thank you for sharing your wonderful thoughts, Jennie! Enjoy the Friday! Michael