The Sky, and Really Talking

A hot night and a beautiful sky.
We dangled our feet in the water and looked up.
The wonder and conversation began.

0AC3D93E-CE53-4F7E-AC31-CE517FDD76BC

The quarter moon a few days ago is now a half moon.
Did the first caveman watch the changes in the moon,
or did he watch the changes in the plants?
Which was most important?

What was the biggest discovery?

Hubby thinks it was figuring out that moonlight is the reflection of the sun,
and the Earth revolves around the sun.
I think it was discovering the Earth is round and not flat.

EC4D6788-4CF3-4DED-9704-02654C59972C

We talked about the changing colors in the sky.
How did early artists paint the sky?
How did they feel when looking at what we are looking at tonight?
I wonder what Vincent was thinking when he painted Starry Night.

41700336-B620-4CB2-AB77-528E1BB68CA3

We walked through history and science and art, together.
We talked for a long time.
The sky can open up wonders.

This entry was posted in art, Imagination, Inspiration, Learning About the World, Mother Nature, Nature, wonder and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

46 Responses to The Sky, and Really Talking

Wonderful, Jennie, where conversation can lead!

2. Opher says:

So great to allow the mind to meander in wonder in front of a coloured sky or a fire. I think it is what our ancestors have always done!

3. What a delightful way to spend an evening! Thank you for sharing it with us.

4. beth says:

what a wonderful conversation and inspiring place to have it

Sounds like a lovey evening.

6. Kind of like being around a campfire…and really talking.
    Only better because it was just outside your house with a huge evening sky unfolding before your very eyes and soul.
    A sweet connection – thanks for this post!

What a special evening. I love those moments.

8. I think there are interesting discussions that come out when you have your feet in a pool. Thanks for sharing, Jennie.

9. Ah, the wonder of it all! ❤

10. Breathtaking cloud-scapes Jennie. Thanks or letting us sit and ponder with you. Hugs on the wing!

Being in nature seems to promote healthy discussions and debates.

My wife sees ‘faces’ in clouds, and insists on telling me who they are. 🙂
    I suspect the best discovery for earliest man was that the sun rose again the next day, and freed them from darkness. I imagine them settling down each night, hoping it would happen again tomorrow.

My husband and I often see faces and animals in the clouds, although not always the same thing. 🙂 I like your idea on the best discovery. Best to you, Pete.

13. It’s good to appreciate the beauty around us. There is enough ugliness.

14. frenchc1955 says:

Jennie, this is lovely! Thank you.

15. It sounds like a wonderful evening and what a sky to ponder it all! Just gorgeous, Jennie!

16. magarisa says:

Ah… sounds like a lovely evening!

17. Sorry, but now i remembered during the last week i had missed something. Now i am back, and have to thank you for this wonderful wordpaint of a for sure wonderful evening you had. Michael

18. dgkaye says:

Gorgeous pics and food for thought Jenny x