Thank you for sharing one of my favorite blog posts, Sally. Reading aloud one of the best classic children’s books is exciting. When a book makes children question, and takes them to other journeys of learning, it is in a class my itself. “Little House on the Prairie” is that book. Read what happens. It was a retelling that took us across rivers and states, and even to Mount Rushmore. It is exciting!

Smorgasbord Blog Magazine

Welcome to the current series of Posts from Your Archives in 2020 and if you would like to participate with two of your posts from 2019, you will find all the details in this post:New series of Posts from Your Archives 2020

Pre-school teacher of over 30 years, Jennie Fitzkee, has been a welcome guest here many times and this is her first post in 2020. Jennie shares how the simple act of reading a story can lead to questions that take you in many directions, all of them a learning opportunity.

When good reading happens in my classroom, it opens the door to so many other things. Children have questions and ideas. Interrupting in the middle of chapter reading means children are listening and interested. I can answer those…

View original post 785 more words

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Smorgasbord Posts from Your Archives – #PreSchool – From Little House on the Prairie, to Geography, to Maps, to Mount Rushmore, to History… And More by Jennie Fitzkee

Left a comment over there, Jennie.

2. Thanks for boosting the post Jennie..hugsx

3. Was a beautiful post, Jennie.

Thank you, John. This was (and is) one of my favorite posts. It makes my heart race and makes me excited to go to school everyday. I learned the hard way that deleting photos from my media library meant they were also deleted from posts. I quickly added the missing photo at the end, and Sally was able to refresh the post. She is an angel. Of course you already know that. 🙂

• Yes I do. You know you can size your photo’s so that thery take little memory. This is especially important with j-peg photos from the phone. If you are interested I can tell you how.

But, will the photo size then change in the posts they’re in? I will let you know, John. Thank you for the offer. I wish WP had a storage size upgrade.

• No but going forward you will have enough memory so you don’t have to worry. For example the usual phobe photo is around 2GB of memory for a 600 X 600 (which I use on my posts). The conversion brings it down to less than 100kb which means you could post 20 photos in place of the one unsized. The appearence of the photo is unchanged. Let me know.

Thank you, John.

4. Klausbernd says:

Indeed, dearJennie, reading is so important and it starts by reading for children. We still like getting a story read for us. We always listen to audio-books in our car.
    Thanks for sharing
    The Fab Four of Cley
    🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

That is just wonderful! Thank you so much. Yes, hearing stories and books read aloud is a great pleasure, and very important for children. Best wishes to the Fab Four of Cley.