Mother Nature, and Alberta

It has taken me nearly seven decades to fully appreciate the canvas that Mother Nature paints every day.  And I still have a long way to go.  Often I feel more humbled than appreciative.  I’m working on that.  Because this is what I saw today:

It’s the view from my front porch.  There were no leaves on the red maple tree yesterday, and the crab apple blossoms were barely there.  I looked, nodded, and only smiled yesterday, but not today.

Mother Nature has made her welcome.

“Jennie, pay attention.”

I did.

“You have to stop and smell the roses.”

“I know…”

“Didn’t Alberta tell you that?”

“She did.  All the time.  I miss her.”

“She misses you, too.  She wants me to tell you that.  That’s why I made everything burst into spring today.  She wants you to stop and smell the roses.”

“Thank you, Mother Nature.  I will.  Please tell Alberta that I love and miss her.”

“I will.  But she already knows.  Oh, she wants me to tell you she is very glad that you have the children in your classroom stop and smell the roses.  It makes her smile everyday.  Those butterflies in the fall that you had children follow – she loved that.”

“Jennie, she was there with you and the children.  She wants you to do the same thing – stop and see all the beauty that is right there – because she loves you.”

“Thank you, Mother Nature.  I will.”

Happy Mother’s Day.  Stop and smell the roses.

Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder.” -E.B. White-

This entry was posted in Early Education, Expressing words and feelings, Giving thanks, Inspiration, Mother Nature, Nature, wonder and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

61 Responses to Mother Nature, and Alberta

That is a wonderful view indeed, Jennie. 🙂
    And I echo those sentiments too.

How beautiful ❤️

3. Wow! What a view, Jennie! Happy Mother’s Day!

Happy Mother’s Day!! A lovely post.

Wow! Jennie, that is just glorious. I can’t believe the change you describe as occurring in one day. Happy Mother’s Day!

6. ksbeth says:

and to you, Jennie. like you, I have grown to appreciate it more and more over time, and never take it for granted.

7. A beautiful tribute to your mother and to the Mother of us all.

8. The Hook says:

We all take Mother Nature for granted, don’t we?
    But her work really is breathtaking.

9. Pingback: Mother Nature, and Alberta – nelsongondotcom

10. ren says:

Beautiful sharing! I too have been re-noticing the beauty painted in nature, more so than ever before. Maybe new brushes and paints have been used!

11. Opher says:

Ah yes – there’s wonder all around. We have to respect it and fight to keep it!

12. Maggie says:

Heartfelt and beautiful. Thank you.

13. Pingback: Have You Noticed the Flowers? – Branching Out

14. frenchc1955 says:

Jennie, this is wonderful. Thank you!

15. Luanne says:

Carpe diem. Beautiful, Jennie!

16. Beautiful post, Jennie. Happy Mother’s day.

17. thank you for sharing your visit from Alberta with us your followers…
    hugs

18. Happy Mother’s Day, even if it is a bit late. I posted a history about Mother’s Day that is not what you might expect. I hope that you get to read it on http://www.allinadaysbreath.wordpress.com.

I am glad that you have the children learn to stop and smell the roses too. This is especially important for young children who are growing so fast. I know you always give them the best possible, and that is so refreshing. Thank you and you are much treasured in this world. Anne always

Thank you, Anne. While the world is changing all too quickly, children have not changed. What they need and want has been the same for centuries. So, I just have to keep that going in their lives, like stopping to smell the roses. I’m a bit behind on reading, so I’m headed over to read your post. Thank you!

This is beautiful!

20. What a marvelous view, Jennie. The world is always beautiful when you show it to us through your eyes.
    When I moved here next to the roses was a plant that looked completely dead. It was a big cluster of stems as big as my ring finger, and six feet tall — bare except for big old thorns. One day this week it suddenly it had a few little round leaves. A day later it was covered with those leaves and then bright orange flowers crowning the stems! I have a couple of dead trees that I could hope for a similar miracle, but not too likely…
    Hugs on the wing.

Don’t you just love it when that happens?! How marvelous, and what a gift! The first year in a new home includes watching what grows. I remember that first spring here, wondering what was planted in the garden. I felt like a child waiting and watching for that butterfly to emerge. It was wonderful. May we all hold that presence of wonder. Best to you, Teagan!

21. A lovely post, Jennie. Mother Nature is glorious and we’re foolish not to notice as she parades in front us showing off her beauty. ❤ Have a lovely week of smelling the roses.

22. I love spring, Jennie. This is a gorgeous tribute to Mother Nature. Who or what is Alberta?

23. dgkaye says:

A most beautiful sentiment Jennie. And wowwwwwww, what a spectacular photo! God in all his glory! You should blow it up and frame it. ❤

24. Beautiful pictures and sentiment!

25. I hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day, Jennie. Sounds as though you were awakened with all your senses that day. We had no internet and just basked in the ocean breeze and listened to the waves. Mother Nature is the very best mother we can have. I’m glad you had someone in your heart to remind you.

The older I get the more I appreciate Mother Nature. Beauty and wonder is right there to see. I’m so glad you had a wonderful day at the beach, and with no internet. Alberta was my dear Mother-in -Law. I still miss her. We have a beautiful sunny weekend ahead, so I’m going to stop and smell the roses. Happy weekend to you, Marlene.

26. Wonderful! Excuse Jennie, hope you had a great Mother’s Day. Michael