Quotations on Perseverance

charles french words reading and writing

Maya_Angelou_visits_YCP_Feb_2013

(https://en.wikiquote.org)

“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”

Maya Angelou

theodore-roosevelt-393205_960_720

(https://pixabay.com)

“Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.”

Theodore Roosevelt

sir-winston-churchill-396973_960_720

(https://pixabay.com)

“Never, never, never give in!”

Winston Churchill

View original post

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Quotations on Perseverance

Charles does it again! Nice reblog, Jennie. 🙂

2. I have come to believe that courage (and success for that matter) has as much to do with perseverance as brilliance. No surprise both Roosevelt and Churchill are older as they came to that same conclusion.

3. Charles does a great job of finding quotes. Thanks for sharing, Jennie. 🙂

4. delphini510 says:

I agree with you all, Charles does find some wonderful quotes and I have copied many.
    For me Maya Angelou’s quote rang so true today.

Great share Jennie

miriam

5. Ellen says:

Excellent choices! They were three brilliant minds and I repeat many quotes from each of them. Thank-you!

6. This could not have come at a better time for me as I am struggling to help my significant other, Richard, through his multiple illnesses and surgeries. Last week we were in ER three days in a row all day and today we were back, not in ER but in his doctor’s office in the VA. Honestly, it is hard for me to struggle to keep rising in the mornings and making the trips and worrying and advocating and all the other things that go with that. It is good to read quotes like these when we are having challenges in our lives, and I don’t think any of us get through without them. Thank you Charles and Jennie for bringing this to us.

7. Opher says:

Try, try and try again! Thanks Jennie and Charles!

8. frenchc1955 says:

Jennie, thank you so much!

9. Thank you for posting this. They are words I surely needed to read today! Love your blog!

TR certainly knew a thing or two about perseverance. Nice quotes, all three.

11. Zeeshan Amin says: