Quotations on Books

These are three of the best quotations on books; powerful words, a quiver of arrows to the mind and heart. Thank you Dr. Charles French.

charles french words reading and writing

Cicero-2510287_960_720

(https://pixabay.com)

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Virginia_Woolf_1927

(https://commons.wikimedia.org)

“Books are the mirrors of the soul.”

Virginia Woolf

J._K._Rowling_2010

(https://en.wikipedia.org)

“I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book.”

J. K. Rowling

View original post

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Quotations on Books

1. frenchc1955 says:

Jennie, Thank you so much!

2. Yesss!
    Have a great weekend, Jennie.

3. delphini510 says:

Great quotes, I particularly like the one by Marcus Tullius and feel books enhances the athmosphere of a room. Every time I move I hear groans from removal guys who wonder whether I haven’t read them…….e.g. why keep them….they are dear friends many and I do give away a fair number.
    Miriam

4. Opher says:

You can’t beat a good book!! Great quotes Jennie.

All great quotes!

Charles found some great quotes, as always.
    I remember visiting friends years ago, and always looking at the books on their shelves.
    As well as ideas for a good read, they gave an insight into the character of the person too.

Charles definitely found some excellent quotes. 🙂 I like your description of a bookshelf. There’s more than just a story there. Best to you, Pete.

These are all great quotes. My daughter once said that she didn’t trust anyone who didn’t have books in their house!

8. jofox2108 says:

I love the Cicero one!

Yes, these are wonderful quotes. Nicely shared post by Dr. French, Jennie.
    Books show us the world and all its possibilities.

10. Tina Frisco says:

Great share, Jennie. Good quotes are food for the soul ❤️

Wonderful quotes, Jennie. Charles always comes up with good ones, doesn’t he? I’m so pleased you share. Thank you.

12. Wonderful quotes, Jennie. Thanks for sharing. Hugs!

13. Charles always has great quotes. Thanks for sharing, Jennie. 🙂