Keep Your Kids are Reading! Reading is a Good Thing!

The number of words a child reads and hears = success in both school and life. Wow!

Writing for the Whole Darn Universe

reading gragh

View original post

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Keep Your Kids are Reading! Reading is a Good Thing!

Reading is so important!

Good graphic, Jennie. I’m convinced! (I already was of course…)

Not surprised by this!

4. This is so true! I’m so glad to read the post and have the graphic. I just shared it with my nephew who is an expectant father!

5. Great meme, Jennie, and not surprising. Thanks for sharing πŸ˜€

6. Opher says:

And reading is the most expanding, inspiring thing you can do.

7. Such words of wisdom, Jennie. There is nothing as educational as reading.

Very nice example of meaning of daily reading. I always had 20 minutes SSR time in my middle school language arts classes. Silent sustained reading was something from the 70’s (or earlier. . . ) and means much more today!! πŸ™‚

I’m so glad to know Jim Trelease included SSR time in Chapter Five. Hurray for Reading lessons from you, Jim and my college professor in the 70’s!! πŸŽ‰ πŸ“š

Reading is so important, Jennie. These statistics are quite frightening but clearly show the importance of reading, and what a difference a little every day can make.

11. Every little bit helps, right? Read on, Jennie. Hugs.

12. frenchc1955 says:

This is wonderful!!!

13. Absolutely right – surround kids with books; I’m so grateful that I was.

14. Kally says:

I think reading is important but I often get teased for teaching my baby how to read.