Quotations On Education

These are excellent quotations on education from Charles French.

charles french words reading and writing

Margaret_Mead_NYWTS

(https://en.wikipedia.org)

“Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.”

Margaret Mead

thomas-881249_960_720

(https://pixabay.com)

“The mind once enlightened cannot again become dark.”

Thomas Paine

1920px-Plato_Silanion_Musei_Capitolini_MC1377

(https://en.wikipedia.org)

“Do not train a child to learn by force or harshness; but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each.”

Plato

View original post

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Quotations On Education

Fantastic quotes 😄

2. Opher says:

What fantastic quotes that should feature in every classroom around the world!!
    I reckon Tom Paine might have a fit if he saw what has happened to America today.

Charles always finds the best quotes! 🙂

4. beth says:

wonderful quotes, Charles. thanks for sharing them, Jennie and happy thanksgiving to you and yours –

5. jilldennison says:

Great share! I saw this yesterday on Charles’ blog, and loved all the quotes, particularly the Margaret Mead one.

6. An excellent share!💕❤️👍

7. beautiful-and true. This inspired me-thank you Jennie.

8. Cant regret! LOVE IT! Fantastic quotes, as always. Just an hour ago, i had a very strong discussion about the German education system, and how many differences are to the education system of other countries. Horrible to see how many economic interests forcing our German politicans modelling “non thinkers”. Thank you and best wishes, Michael

9. frenchc1955 says:

Jennie, thank you so much!

10. dolphinwrite says:

I am always interested in how others think and understand. In my youth, I had difficulty in debates. Like many of my peers, we reacted, had our biases, and thought through arguments. Sometimes, I could argue well, as when trying to get my way with my siblings. Daaad…..!
    Through work in varying fields, working with my hands, then returning to college a second time, I learned to learn through understanding, working in summer camps very eye-opening. I saw how easy it was, in an open environment, how to teach kids and teens. Whether mathematics, art, horseback riding, or camping, I realized realization. I understood understanding. And in college, when I used understanding, I didn’t have to study at home, doing it all right in the classroom as the teacher taught, using the library once in a while.
    So, when I entered the teaching profession, I came with a ton of work experience, practical knowledge, and saw how our youth understand. And during the years, I learned to “see” into the students’ eyes. This took time. But with each passing year, we utilized the experiences of other teachers, our talks, and what the students taught us. So, I teach directly to their understanding. I try to bypass boring knowledge, but teach to them. With time, you see when they don’t get it, but then see why and what will help them. It’s interactive. Oh, you don’t get this? Let’s try it this way? What part don’t you understand? Okay, it’s this way. And so forth….
    I’m hoping more people read my site. The articles are from real experiences, knowledge gained over a ton of time.

Beautifully said! It takes years of understanding and experiences to see what students/children see. First the world and everything you know is black and white. Then with wisdom it becomes gray. Once you are in sync with children, teaching flows like water. All of the knowledge cannot be passed on until the teacher is first learning from the student. You learned to see. That was your doorway, and that’s how good teachers approach teaching. Thank you so much!